Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RMD211
Resolver II
Resolver II

Post message in a chat or channel when user isn't part of that Team

Hi,

Is it possible to add a Post Message in a Chat or Channel when the person running the flow isn't part of the Team? I get this error when I try to test it.  Is there a way around it?  My connection I'm using is part of the Team in question.

RMD211_0-1657810287149.png

Context:

Users will use a Power App to fill in data, trigger a flow to do the task and if there's a failure in the flow a notification will be posted in a Team channel for the Admins to investigate.  The Users are not, and will not, be able to be members of this group.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Power Automate doesn't support impersonation, so the person running the flow must have permissions to do what the flow tries to accomplish.  So no, a flow can't post a message to a Team if the person running the flow isn't a member of the team.  You could have the flow add an item to a SharePoint list that users would have access to and then have the flow run using an automated trigger on the list to post the message.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Power Automate doesn't support impersonation, so the person running the flow must have permissions to do what the flow tries to accomplish.  So no, a flow can't post a message to a Team if the person running the flow isn't a member of the team.  You could have the flow add an item to a SharePoint list that users would have access to and then have the flow run using an automated trigger on the list to post the message.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thanks for confirming! I will give it a go posting from a list instead.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (3,418)