cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
eddie89
Level: Power Up

Posting a form response to a Group Conversation/mailbox

I am trying to set up a GDPR compliant contact form on a site and have been considering the use of an embedded Office 365 form, combined with an Office 365 Group and associated mailbox open to external senders. The group is private and visible only to all our enquiry handler team. The contact form will simply ask for the enquirers email, name, subject and question. I would like Flow to then send this securely to the groups conversation/mailbox. We can then reply to the individual’s enquiry from within Outlook Online or Outlook Desktop - every member of the group having 'send as' permissions for the Group so responses are sent from the group's email address, and not their individual work emails.

I am aware that flow allows me to send a notification email upon receipt of a form submission, and that I can include any of the form's fields within this email. I could therefore send a similar email to the Group email address. However, I do not believe that would be GDPR compliant, given the issues with security of data transit over email.

What I envisage is Flow being able to achieve this securely through the Office 365 Group REST API. However, I don't know if an action exists that does this? It also seems silly, if such functionality is possible, to then be storing the form submissions within an Excel sheet. Is it therefore possible for Flow to delete the record after adding it to the Group mailbox/or simply tell Forms to stop storing a copy of responses in an Excel Spreadsheet (GDPR being all about how you store sensitive info)? I am aware there are other tools out there that are set up for enquiry handling. However, we only handle about 5 enquiries a week for a small project and it would be good if we can leverage the Office 365 tools we're paying for.

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Posting a form response to a Group Conversation/mailbox

Hi @ eddie89,

Do you want to use the Office 365 Group REST API to achieve your securely requirement?

You could refer to link below to learn more abou the custom connectors in Microsoft Flow:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/flow/register-custom-api

Please make a test on your side to see if your requirement could be achieved.

Regards,
Alice Zhang

eddie89
Level: Power Up

Sorry, I was on leave. Thanks, I'll have a play and report back on any progress.

Administrator
Administrator

Hello, @eddie89!

Have you had a chance to apply @v-yuazh-msft‘s recommendation to adapt your Flow? If yes, and you find that solution to be satisfactory, please go ahead and click “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Thank you for being an active member of the Flow Community!

-Gabriel

Flow Community Manager

-Gabriel
Microsoft Flow Community Manager

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 225 members 4,610 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: