cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TesDA
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Power Apps Collection - SQL Insert failing

I have a power apps collection that is sending JSON to Power Automate. Everything seems to be working fine, however the call to sql keeps failing. I've checked the connector, its working fine with other flows - so not sure why its failing here.

Error: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)
clientRequestId:

2021-08-13_9-56-33.jpg

What am I doing wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TesDA
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Everything in SSMS was set up with the correct permissions, like I said we have other apps and tools operating without issue.

I finally tried just completely deleting the flow and starting over from scratch. That worked.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PrasadAthalye
Super User
Super User

Are you connecting to On Premise SQL or Azure SQL ? Seems like SQL Server isnt accessible. For On Premise SQL, you need On Premise Gateway installed and Running fine.

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community
TesDA
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

We dont need a gateway because we have an azure sql server. We have around 10 apps that are shared with 900+ people and about 30-50 flows. It seems like currently 2 apps are impacted (from what we can tell based on usage) and 1 flow.

We had to restore a table yesterday in our database. Is it possible that restoring a table from backup in azure would have an impact on people's access?

The error folks are getting in the apps are:

You dont have permission to view this data. The select permission was denied on the object ........ database ....... schema.....

Yes. Please login to SQL Management Studio using the user that you are using in App and connect to the database and see if you are able to run select. Looks like dbreader permission is required for the SQL User OR the user that you are using to connect on the new table.

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community
TesDA
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Everything in SSMS was set up with the correct permissions, like I said we have other apps and tools operating without issue.

I finally tried just completely deleting the flow and starting over from scratch. That worked.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (3,264)