Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vstar19
Helper V
Helper V

Power Automate Condition

Hello, 

I am writing a Flow that runs when a MS Form is submitted.  When the user submits a MS Form they  must specify their email address. 

I need to create some logic that checks to see if that email address exists in Excel. 

I have done a condition that uses the Get Rows Excel connector. Its basically checking to see if the Email entered exists in a specified Excel.  This works fine is the email exists. 

The issue I am having is that if the email does not exists, the Flow stops running and does not run any subsequent steps. Therefore when I try to do a condition straight after the Excel Check, the condition does not run as the Flow stops running after it fails to find the email. 

Can anyone shed any light on how to achieve what I try to achieve. 

What I want is if the email does not exist, then email the person who created the form to let them know that their request has not been submitted as the email they entered could not be found. 

Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Vstar19
Helper V
Helper V

Hello, 

I have actually JUST got this to work. 

There is an option to Run After on the condition. So if the step above the condition fails, the condition will still run. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
abm
Super User
Super User

Hi @Vstar19 

Could you please post a screenshot of your flow?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Power Automate Video Tutorials
Vstar19
Helper V
Helper V

Hello, 

I have actually JUST got this to work. 

There is an option to Run After on the condition. So if the step above the condition fails, the condition will still run. 

jdoss
Resolver III
Resolver III

If you are using the "Get a Row" function then you will have to configure the run after on the next case, because it will fail if the email is not found. See first image.

You could use a boolean and search all rows manually using the "List Rows present in a Table" (this has a limit of 256 which can be changed in the settings) but you would have to format your data into a table if you haven't already.  See images.Inkedget-a-row_LI.jpglist-rows.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (4,497)