cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sambone95
Regular Visitor

Power Automate Desktop to Refresh All in Excel

I realize this has been covered in a couple other posts, but I haven't seen a straight forward answer.

I have several PowerShell scripts that I am trying to convert to PAD so so they can be ran in a more simple and secure, unattended environment. A few of them contain an Excel "RefreshAll()" command. Is there a reliable way to have PAD complete this function?

Currently, I have a PAD flow and, in the middle of the flow, I am using the "Run PowerShell Script action to complete the refresh. It does the job, but for a number of reasons would prefer to get the job done through PAD. 

1 REPLY 1
Owslretreat
Frequent Visitor

Working on something similar right now (21/03). Using 2 options. 

1st - Add a macro to the excel file and use PAD to execute macro. Tidy but requires xlsm file.

2nd - use PAD option to Click on UI Elements and select "Data" Tab followed by another to select "Refresh All". This option requires some "Wait" steps before saving and closing file.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (4,024)