Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
garrywilmeth
Helper I
Helper I

Power Automate Flow Approval and new MS Teams Approvals app

Hello,

I recently noticed the new approvals app in MS Teams and love the idea.  It simplifies the approvals process for the average user.  The down side is the inability to select groups as approvers. I created a sharepoint list with a Power Automate flow as a workaround, but I am having issues with attachments portion.  The flow works perfectly when I create a new list item.  The members of the selected group are all added as approvers.  The attachments show up in the PA Approvals section and the email for the approval, but the MS Teams app does not show the attachments.

Screen Shot 2021-01-24 at 11.26.29 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-01-24 at 11.26.05 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-01-24 at 11.25.31 AM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @garrywilmeth,

I am afraid there is no way could make the attachment uploaded via Flow show in the approval details within Teams.

It is a new app in Microsoft Teams, and the only way could make the attachments visible is to create the approval request on the Teams side, and upload it from the local folder.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @garrywilmeth,

I am afraid there is no way could make the attachment uploaded via Flow show in the approval details within Teams.

It is a new app in Microsoft Teams, and the only way could make the attachments visible is to create the approval request on the Teams side, and upload it from the local folder.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you. This is really good to know.  I certainly hope they plan to fix this.

TCambs
Power Automate
Power Automate

Yes we plan to address the problem. The confusion comes from the "Attachment" in Teams referring to the Item link fields on the Approval action in Power Automate, not the actual Attachments feature. We are working on adding support for multiple item links so that Teams can support multiple "Attachments". I've brought up the naming inconsistency and we've been having discussions internally on how to address the scenarios of attaching things to approvals via links in ODSP storage or through CDS with the attachments feature. Stay tuned because we are working on other new features too.

chiewst
Regular Visitor

Looks like some work in progress on this .... the attachment in the Teams message appears now, but clicking on it returns a message 'Our services aren't available right now'. It's confusing users now, but can't seem to turn it off.

chiewst_0-1616400262663.png

Hello @TCambs !

Following-up on this issue, any news as to when we will be able to see Attachments for Approvals both in emails AND in Teams? 

Thanks,

Charles

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

New Process Advisor Capabilities carousel.png

Read the blog for the latest news

Read the latest about new experiences and capabilities in the Power Automate product blog.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

AI Builder AMA June 7th carousel (up on May 25th, take down June 8th) (1).png

'Ask Microsoft Anything' about AI Builder!

The AI Builder team invite you to ask questions and provide helpful answers at our next AMA.

Users online (1,554)