cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KCarlton96
Frequent Visitor

Power Automate Get File Content not working as expected when pulling from an Excel file with multiple sheets

So I have an excel file with two sheets, each sheet has a table on it.

I am using the get file content component to pull the content of this file to create an array of attachments. 

KCarlton96_2-1616195831731.png

KCarlton96_1-1616195720175.png

The first sheet of the file attached to the email is perfect, but the second sheet only contains one row, when the original file contains at least thirty on that sheet.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mahoneypat
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

You could try the Get Tables action for Excel which will give you an array of the tables in the workbook with which you could do an Apply To Teach and then List Rows from each table, etc.

Regards,

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about the Power Platform, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mahoneypat
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

You could try the Get Tables action for Excel which will give you an array of the tables in the workbook with which you could do an Apply To Teach and then List Rows from each table, etc.

Regards,

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about the Power Platform, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

How would that work with respect to creating the attachment array though?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,152)