Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SAG_Toma
Advocate II
Advocate II

Power Automate Management Connector - Authentication Failed

Hi,

I want to use the Power Automate Management Connector (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/flowmanagement/) to bulk update Flow Owners. 

However I receive a "Authentication Failed" error when trying to use the connection.  I have tried to use this connector first with System Admin Permissions on the CDS environment and Power Platform Service Role applied to my user account through O365 Admin Centre. Secondly I have tried System Admin on the CDS environment and Global Admin applied to my user account through the O365 centre.

Has anyone successfully been able to use this connector and can anyone advise on what permissions might be missing. 

Thanks

Tom

8 REPLIES 8
danielbazetto
Community Support
Community Support

Hello @SAG_Toma ,

I am not sure if you are trying to create the connection when already creating the Flow itself, if you didn't try this yet, could you please go to Data --> Connection --> New Connection 

danielbazetto_0-1596184571257.png

And then tell us what authentication error you get?

Hi Daniel, 

Thanks, this solution worked for me!

But when I use create flow action in Power Automate Management Connector, it creates flow in My flows. Can you please tell me how to create solution aware flows using Power Automate Management connector.

Hi,

I have been able to create the Connection through Data --> Connection --> New Connection. However when trying to use the List My Flow, List Environment or List Flows as Admin Actions I get a 401 - Authentication Failed error.

Kind Regards

Tom

Hi @SAG_Toma 

If you do have access to those flows directly, I mean if you go and are able to work with those flows and you are still not able to use the connector to make the changes you need, please raise a support request so Microsoft Support can collect more sensitive data and proceed with the troubleshooting.

calerof
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi @SAG_Toma@danielbazetto@Prado,

I'm having the same error when using the List Flows as Admin action, and I have successfully connected to the Power Automate Management connector, but when trying to choose the environment name it says:

"Could not retrieve values. The dynamic invocation request failed with error: {"error":{"code":"AuthenticationFailed","message":"Authentication failed. "}}."

I have the system administrator role in this environment and I'm the owner, I created it.

Hi @calerof 

Did you resolve the error? I have the same error "Could not retrieve values. The dynamic invocation request failed with error: {"error":{"code":"AuthenticationFailed","message":"Authentication failed. "}}."

I have tried in differents environments, tenants, etc and always with a admin user but no luck. 

Best,

Daniel

Hi @danielvi,

Error persists and no response here in the #PowerAutomateCommunity!

F

Thanks @calerof  

In our case, we are doing a POC with the Power Automate Management connector, nothing critical so is not worth to open a support case, hope someone in the #PowerAutomateCommunity could help. 

Maybe @Jonathon Levesque

can give us some guidance.

Best!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,592)