cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WolleW
Frequent Visitor

Power Automate: Remove table in Excel afterwards

Hello Community,

I have a challenge and hope you can help me.

We need to upload bulk data into a system. For this I have created a flow that automatically enters the data into the upload file (an Excel). To write the information in the excel I have created a table in which the information is written. This works.

But during the import the uploadjob complains about the formatted Excel (because of the two additional columns ). I have no idea how I can bypass the table in Excel (i.e. write directly to Excel) or remove the column afterwards.

Can anyone of you help here?

Thanks a lot

Wolfgang

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DamoBird365
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @WolleW 

You can write the data to excel without a table using office scripts.  I had a quick look and I don't think it would be possible to remove the table using office scripts.

This gives you an example of how to import to excel https://youtu.be/4g8Lh0gzEnc

Cheers
Damien

Please take a look and subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more Power Platform ideas and concepts. Thanks

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
DamoBird365
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @WolleW 

You can write the data to excel without a table using office scripts.  I had a quick look and I don't think it would be possible to remove the table using office scripts.

This gives you an example of how to import to excel https://youtu.be/4g8Lh0gzEnc

Cheers
Damien

Please take a look and subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more Power Platform ideas and concepts. Thanks

WolleW
Frequent Visitor

Hi @DamoBird365,

thank you for your answer. 

I would like to use power automate exclusively. I have not yet dealt with the office scripts.

Is there a way to solve my problem with standard tools? To delete the table, or the formatting in Excel, afterwards? I have already thought about converting the file into a CSV and then back into Excel ... but that doesn't seem to be possible with the normal flow actions.

If there is no other possibility, then I would have to actually look at Office Script  😉.

Thank you

Wolfgang

Thank you Damien,

I checked your solution and it worked well :-). Solved my problem ...

Best wishes,

Wolfgang

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (3,096)