cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WolleW
Frequent Visitor

Power Automate: Remove table in Excel afterwards

Hello Community,

I have a challenge and hope you can help me.

We need to upload bulk data into a system. For this I have created a flow that automatically enters the data into the upload file (an Excel). To write the information in the excel I have created a table in which the information is written. This works.

But during the import the uploadjob complains about the formatted Excel (because of the two additional columns ). I have no idea how I can bypass the table in Excel (i.e. write directly to Excel) or remove the column afterwards.

Can anyone of you help here?

Thanks a lot

Wolfgang

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DamoBird365
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @WolleW 

You can write the data to excel without a table using office scripts.  I had a quick look and I don't think it would be possible to remove the table using office scripts.

This gives you an example of how to import to excel https://youtu.be/4g8Lh0gzEnc

Cheers
Damien

Please take a look and subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more Power Platform ideas and concepts. Thanks

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
DamoBird365
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @WolleW 

You can write the data to excel without a table using office scripts.  I had a quick look and I don't think it would be possible to remove the table using office scripts.

This gives you an example of how to import to excel https://youtu.be/4g8Lh0gzEnc

Cheers
Damien

Please take a look and subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more Power Platform ideas and concepts. Thanks

WolleW
Frequent Visitor

Hi @DamoBird365,

thank you for your answer. 

I would like to use power automate exclusively. I have not yet dealt with the office scripts.

Is there a way to solve my problem with standard tools? To delete the table, or the formatting in Excel, afterwards? I have already thought about converting the file into a CSV and then back into Excel ... but that doesn't seem to be possible with the normal flow actions.

If there is no other possibility, then I would have to actually look at Office Script  😉.

Thank you

Wolfgang

Thank you Damien,

I checked your solution and it worked well :-). Solved my problem ...

Best wishes,

Wolfgang

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,217)