cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kk13
Frequent Visitor

Power Automate Scheduled Flow to run on multiple lists in different subsites

I have a requirement of running a scheduled flow every month for multiple lists in 6 different subsides (2 lists in each subsite).
I have to check multiple date fields is they are bank or not.

If any of the date fields are blank then send email to the created By with blank date fields mentioned in notification.

This notification needs to be sent for all the items with blank date fields in the Lists in different subsite.

Any direction to create the flow will be highly appreciated.

I am trying o build the flow as the attached screen shot please helpmultilist flow.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kk13
Frequent Visitor

Thanks a lot for the suggestion. I figured it out.

Yes all List column names are same

Please refer the attachment for details of the flow.

Note: List name is “DISPLAY” name.
And Filter query takes “DEFAULT” name of the columns for checking conditions

I didn’t used array but used Data Operator-Compose for having the default text for the url of sites (we can use full url in Get items by pasting it as well its upto you)

Condition to check if any of the Date fields is blanks in Filter query section of Get Items:
(DateField1 eq null) or (DateField2  eq null)

After that I used apply to each for running the same action for all retrieved List items

(Idea from this answer)Then Get Item and identified the ID of the retrieved item using this formulae:  item()?['ID']

I get all the items ID to retrieves the metadata (all column values) to send it in my notification email.

That’s it.

It looked like very complex flow but proved to be quite straight forward Thanks for your suggestion abm

Flow Screen Shot MultiList with date field.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
abm
Super User
Super User

Hi @kk13 

Believe all the sites have same columns then only your filter query will work. What you could do is declare an array which contains the sites and list names. Iterate the array and do the following as dynamic variables.

image.png

So for the above in your case replace the Dynamic mappings from the array which contains the site name and lists. You may need two arrays. One for the sites and other for lists. If you using single array collection then you need to declare the sitenames and list names as (sitename - listname). Later when you iterate each item split the item using split() expression to get the name and list so that you can pass this as dynamic values to Get Items. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blogPower Automate Video Tutorials
kk13
Frequent Visitor

Thanks a lot for the suggestion. I figured it out.

Yes all List column names are same

Please refer the attachment for details of the flow.

Note: List name is “DISPLAY” name.
And Filter query takes “DEFAULT” name of the columns for checking conditions

I didn’t used array but used Data Operator-Compose for having the default text for the url of sites (we can use full url in Get items by pasting it as well its upto you)

Condition to check if any of the Date fields is blanks in Filter query section of Get Items:
(DateField1 eq null) or (DateField2  eq null)

After that I used apply to each for running the same action for all retrieved List items

(Idea from this answer)Then Get Item and identified the ID of the retrieved item using this formulae:  item()?['ID']

I get all the items ID to retrieves the metadata (all column values) to send it in my notification email.

That’s it.

It looked like very complex flow but proved to be quite straight forward Thanks for your suggestion abm

Flow Screen Shot MultiList with date field.png

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,084)