cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dgoins

Power Automate - Send an Email when a SPECIFIC Planner Task is Done

Here's how my Flow is supposed to run:

A member of the organization submits a Form > Power Automate creates a Planner Task, filling it out using the information from the form > Once the task is completed, the responder receives an email saying the task associated with the form they submitted is complete.

The first two steps work perfectly, but the response step is where I'm having the issue.Screen Shot 2021-10-28 at 11.46.56 AM (2).png

The Trigger is too general. The Flow's precision goes from Campus (List) > Stage (Bucket)Issue (Task). I need the Trigger to be more precise so that when that specific task is finished, it triggers the next steps. The problem with the Trigger being too general is that if multiple people submit forms for 1 list, when one of the tasks in the list is marked complete every one of those people get an email.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @dgoins :

You could add a condition action to judge if the completed task the SPECIFIC Planner Task.If yes,then send the email.

vbofengmsft_0-1635490825259.png

Best Regards,

Bof

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
eliotcole
Power Participant
Power Participant

Could you split the current flow into two flows?

1. One (based on this initial flow) handles the creation and updating tasks off of the initial input.
  2. The second, which fires on the When a task is completed Planner trigger, handles the completion tasks.

But how would it trigger when a specific task is completed? That trigger is too general, because it goes when any task in the plan is completed

eliotcole
Power Participant
Power Participant

It would fire whenever any task is finished, yes, but it would only fire to the members of the task itself, something which you would define in the logic, no?

No, it would fire an email to anyone who posted a task in that list.

eliotcole
Power Participant
Power Participant

OK, well ... good luck!

Hi @dgoins :

You could add a condition action to judge if the completed task the SPECIFIC Planner Task.If yes,then send the email.

vbofengmsft_0-1635490825259.png

Best Regards,

Bof

View solution in original post

Hey @v-bofeng-msft!

This works!! My only question now is how can the flow go back when the condition returns false? Is there a do-while loop, maybe?

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,280)