cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Power Automate - Sending GDPR email to Dynamics 365 contact and update contact record on unsubscribe click

Hi,

We want to send GDPR emails to contacts as soon as user updates the contact record (Send GDPR Email = Yes). The email should contain Unsubscribe link therefore if recipient clicks on Unsubscribe, the record in CRM should be updated with "GDPR Opt-out=Yes" and an associated record that confirms recipient clicked Unsubscribed.

We do not have a marketing tool yet, sending email from Power Automate is fine however question about handling "Unsubscribe" link from the email when recipient click on it, whether we need to build a page to confirm "You have been unsubscribe" and a way to automatically update the contact record back in Dynamics 365? or if it is difficult to achieve, then some kind of email message  to a CRM team when recipient clicks on "Unsubscribe" therefore CRM team should manually action the unsubscribe for the contact?

Any idea and simpler solution thoughts?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Power Automate - Sending GDPR email to Dynamics 365 contact and update contact record on unsubscribe click

Hi @UmerJaved 

From the confirmation of unsubscribe page you can trigger a HTTP request to invoke Power Automate process.

image.png

Please have a look at this link

https://carldesouza.com/calling-a-microsoft-flow-from-javascript-using-dynamics-365-and-powerapps/

The challenge is you may have to implement your own custom security for your HTTP URL.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Re: Power Automate - Sending GDPR email to Dynamics 365 contact and update contact record on unsubscribe click

Hi @abm,

Thanks, i'll look into the possibility of triggering HTTP request from the confirmation page. We'll also need to append contact Guid to the Unsubscribe link page URL as query string and then further pass onto this trigger HTTP request as parameter. 

One more question, i wonder we can do the rich branding(adding images, font, styles etc) of the email message as well? 

From the link below it looks like the email contents can be enriched in limited capacity via email templates

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/create-templates-email

Also I read in some other questions in the forum where people have been struggling to make use of Dynamics 365 Email templates in the Power Automate.

Thanks

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @UmerJaved 

I haven't used Dynamics 365 Email templates in Power Automate yet. I would say please try it and see the output.

If your problem has solved, please go ahead and mark the post as solved by clicking “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

FirstImage

Microsoft Ignite 2020

Check out the announcement of Power Platform content at Microsoft Ignite!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,148)