Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PowerappsMax
Helper III
Helper III

Power Automate Throttling Question

Hello, 

I am building a flow that will be moving a large number of records from SQL to SharePoint (100,000+). Once the flow is built, I plan on modifying it to "refresh" once every other week. My question is based on the limitations of API calls with Power Automate. I have power apps per user plan and hoping to get that upgraded to a per-user plan for automation. Even though the flow will be run once a week and will only be made up of a small handful of actions, will this impact the tenant's capability at all? In addition, will this hurt the account that will be running it in the sense that it won't be able to run over flows efficiently due to already using resources?

Any insight on this issue would be great!

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ryleybauer
Resolver II
Resolver II

You're probably risking some throttling for sure. I've had a few large flows that hit the limit. There are separate limits per user and per tenant. Off the top of my head, I've never hit a tenant limit, but have hit user limits before. 

Ideally you can push some filtering to the server side so that Power Automate isn't loading those 100K records each time to be conscious of your API calls. You may have to process 100K calls on the first run, but upon subsequent refreshes you can use an ODATA filter to look at the "modified" dates in your SQL database to only get records that have changed since last sync. i.e. 

ryleybauer_0-1656441864463.png

Please mark this as the solution if it helped with your issue

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ryleybauer
Resolver II
Resolver II

You're probably risking some throttling for sure. I've had a few large flows that hit the limit. There are separate limits per user and per tenant. Off the top of my head, I've never hit a tenant limit, but have hit user limits before. 

Ideally you can push some filtering to the server side so that Power Automate isn't loading those 100K records each time to be conscious of your API calls. You may have to process 100K calls on the first run, but upon subsequent refreshes you can use an ODATA filter to look at the "modified" dates in your SQL database to only get records that have changed since last sync. i.e. 

ryleybauer_0-1656441864463.png

Please mark this as the solution if it helped with your issue

PowerappsMax
Helper III
Helper III

Thank you for your response. I think that is a smart way to go about it. I feel setting up a refresh, especially at that capacity of records is going to cause issues daily. My approach is going to be to take this idea and have it refresh on the weekend and check the last sync! 

Thanks again!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,795)