cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Power Automate & Dynamics: Update a record

My new flow is failing.  I want to update a field in an Opportunity.  What goes in the Record Identifier field?  This must be where the problem lies...

Annotation 2020-03-04 135010.jpg

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Anonymous 

Yes you are passing the wrong value into Record Identifier

You need to pass the Unique ID. This ID looks like the entity name minus plural.

Example: Opportunities entity will have a unique ID of Opportunity

if you do not know the ID you will have use List record action and use a filter to get the ID to pass into the Update record action

—Josh
If you like my post please hit the "Thumbs Up" -- If my post solved your issue please "Mark as a Solution" to help others

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Check out my blog for Power Automate tips, tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!  Inserting 'Opportunity' in there did get me past the error.  Unfortunately, it still doesn't update the record.  I'm wanting this to turn off a flag in Opportunities, but it's still on.   (I think I need a good Power Automate tutorial from somewhere).

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

hi @Anonymous  the record needs to be an ID

id.PNG

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Anonymous 

Yes you are passing the wrong value into Record Identifier

You need to pass the Unique ID. This ID looks like the entity name minus plural.

Example: Opportunities entity will have a unique ID of Opportunity

if you do not know the ID you will have use List record action and use a filter to get the ID to pass into the Update record action

—Josh
If you like my post please hit the "Thumbs Up" -- If my post solved your issue please "Mark as a Solution" to help others

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Check out my blog for Power Automate tips, tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!  Inserting 'Opportunity' in there did get me past the error.  Unfortunately, it still doesn't update the record.  I'm wanting this to turn off a flag in Opportunities, but it's still on.   (I think I need a good Power Automate tutorial from somewhere).

Highlighted

@Anonymous  you're welcome, please consider to mark the answer as solved to guide others.

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA
Highlighted

Hi @Anonymous ,

It seems that your problem is solved now, please go ahead and mark the post as solved by clicking “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,773)