cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KG2790

Power Automate approval action is picking a different approver email from Sharepoint List column

Objective of my flow is to create a log/record of Manager’s approval for a their team member to get a user account created on one of the systems used by the company. This record is created in the form of SP list which can be exported to excel and is required for audit purposes.

KG2790_0-1639389788258.png

My flow are two separate flows
1. Starts with a user filling out a Form that updates details and creates an item on a
sharepoint list
When a new item is created on this same SP list, the power automate flow trigger
Details of the Form include Approving Manager’s email id

nd Flow needs to pick up this email id from the Share point list column containing Approving manager email id.

It is working great , However, sometimes the flows it is picking up a manger email id which is not from the same item row created, it is randomly
picking a different email Id from the column , so approval requests for a new user is going to a different manager not the one they entered in Forms'

Questions :

1. How do I get approval flow to pick the 'Approver email id' from the SP column of the same item ? the column is set as 'single line of text' and ideally i would want to use the dynamic content field directly into the 'Assigned to' field . is that possible ?

2.Do i need to merge the two flows ?

Screenshot of the flow design (approvals)

KG2790_1-1639389995306.pngKG2790_2-1639390153984.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-chenzhi
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @KG2790 ,

Is your process like this?

User submits an application in the MSForm --> create a new item in Sharepoint --> Approve --> Update Sharepoint item.

If so, you could merge the two flows. I have a test for your reference, please try the following workaround.

vchenzhi_0-1639640172797.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-chenzhi
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @KG2790 ,

Is your process like this?

User submits an application in the MSForm --> create a new item in Sharepoint --> Approve --> Update Sharepoint item.

If so, you could merge the two flows. I have a test for your reference, please try the following workaround.

vchenzhi_0-1639640172797.png

KG2790

thank you so much

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (1,471)