cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
warrenbarton

Power Automate approval task list

Greetings! Our customer have a workflow built in Power Automate with 3 approval actions.  Now they would like to get a reminder every morning about the approval tasks which are unfinished for at least 2 days. Are there any way to do this? Can we access PA approval task list with a C# app or another PA workflow? Or we must use a list in SharePoint Online to create a new item before every approval task and delete it after finishing the task? 

Thank You,

Gabor

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
annajhaveri
Super User
Super User

@warrenbarton  there isnt any out of box functionality in Power Automate Approvals for reminders, you will need to implement your own logic. One approach is to maintain status of approvals in database where you are storing your data or SharePoint list, then create a flow with recurrence trigger to trigger daily and check the pending approvals in database or SharePoint list to determine which items require reminders to be sent.

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
annajhaveri
Super User
Super User

@warrenbarton  there isnt any out of box functionality in Power Automate Approvals for reminders, you will need to implement your own logic. One approach is to maintain status of approvals in database where you are storing your data or SharePoint list, then create a flow with recurrence trigger to trigger daily and check the pending approvals in database or SharePoint list to determine which items require reminders to be sent.

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (89,995)