Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audi86
Helper II
Helper II

Power Automate flow which can runs 6 months to send email on 4th month

Hi,

I am new to power automate and learning it now days to create a requirement for file upload email notification. I am looking for option to create a flow which run for 6 months time period. When a file is uploaded, the flow starts for 6 month due date and on 45 days before due date it will send email to user to send a notification. I came to now that, flow can only be run for 30 days. Any ideas to keep it active for 6 months?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@Audi86 

There is no way to keep the flow active for 6 months, so what you need to do this as 2 separate flows:

1. A flow triggered on file upload to a document library

2. Calculate the notification date using an expression 

3. Save this date calculated from step 2 in a  new  column in your document library

The second flow will be scheduled to run daily:

1. Get Items with a filter criteria given the today date and the notification date

2. Loop and send your reminders

Hope this gives you an idea!

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@Audi86 

There is no way to keep the flow active for 6 months, so what you need to do this as 2 separate flows:

1. A flow triggered on file upload to a document library

2. Calculate the notification date using an expression 

3. Save this date calculated from step 2 in a  new  column in your document library

The second flow will be scheduled to run daily:

1. Get Items with a filter criteria given the today date and the notification date

2. Loop and send your reminders

Hope this gives you an idea!

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Audi86
Helper II
Helper II

Thanks for response,

Is there any link or article with almost same requirement you might know of, which I can follow for my reference?

Regards,

Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@Audi86 

The below video can help you with the reminder

https://youtu.be/bqfLXiEypXM 

@Mira_Ghaly Looks like I cant use "set a reminder" on calculated columns?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Users online (3,700)