cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
koneill2020
Frequent Visitor

Power Automate for Start and Wait for an Approval for Everyone Must Approve

All, I am trying to utilize in a Power Automate for the first time the Start and Wait for an Approval with All Approvals necessary and the following flow when I error check it checks out but when I test it - the e-mails don't get fired off to whom I choose in the Assigned To.

I'm wondering if I need some additional step to make this work as also my requirement is that the e-mails for approval get fired when the Status field (which is a drop down) is set to COMPLETED. 

The SME field below is a people picker. Any help or guidance would be great.

I tried to follow the steps here but this Power Automate obviously is a bit different: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/all-assigned-must-approve 

power_automate_all_approver.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

21.PNG22.PNG23.PNG

Use markdown to format Power Automate approvals - Power Automate | Microsoft Docs

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @koneill2020 ,

First, if the type of the Status field is Choice, then you need to configure the Status Value in the Condition.

Then, you can refer to the following method to get the emails contained in the person field first, and then configure them in the Assigned to field.

195.PNG196.PNG

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

This is awesome and gets me pointed now in the right direction. I am getting a generic error about "There's an error in your flow preventing the creation of Approvals" so I'm looking here to try and remedy: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4513675/common-errors-creating-and-assigning-flow-approvals

Feel free to let us know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,

OK - I'm not able to fix the errors ActionFailed. An action failed. No dependent actions succeeded. following anything in this article:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4513675/common-errors-creating-and-assigning-flow-approvals

Below are the errors - I am getting - I also tried in the first the Condition to set the Run After to have both Successful and Skipped checked but it didn't make a difference - so do I need an extra condition somewhere: 

ms_power_automate_condition_error.png

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Hi @koneill2020 ,

Could you provide the screenshot of the flow configuration?

Best Regards,

@v-bacao-msft - Sure attached is the full workflow - any questions, let me know. many thanks!ms_power_automate_multiapproverfull.png

Hi @koneill2020 ,

You need to configure the Approval action outside of Apply to each. You need to add a semicolon at the end when configuring the Value of Append to string variable.

In addition, the Dynamic content you filled in Attachment Name and Attachment Content is also incorrect.

I don't know what attachment content you need to add, can you provide more explanation?

Best Regards,

Excellent - so I have this working now after making those changes. Many thanks!

For the attachment piece what I am trying to do is if the list item has an attachment(s) - I wanted to send a link to that said attachment.

My thought was in trying to utilize the Attachments Name as Name and the Attachments Content as Link to Item that it would show the actual name of the file attached to that list item with a clickable link to it.

Let me know - the best method to have the name of the file with a link to the attachment in the approval e-mail.

21.PNG22.PNG23.PNG

Use markdown to format Power Automate approvals - Power Automate | Microsoft Docs

View solution in original post

Many many thanks! Was finally able to get to this fully and implement.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (39,629)