cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shibathedog
Helper I
Helper I

Power Automate - from SAP to Sharepoint list (HELP)

Hi everyone!

I just started learning how to use Power Automate and I got stuck when trying to build a flow which would take data from SAP and add them to a Sharepoint table. Could you please help me with this?

pa.jpg

Running this flow populates the Sharepoint list but only with empty values. I guess I am not properly referencing the value in the variable but I can't get to the answer myself.

Thanks in advance!

8 REPLIES 8
eric-cheng
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @shibathedog ,

Can you add a Compose action inside your loop and pass Current Item.  See what is returned in the run history and that the column has values.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark my post as a solution
If you have found my response helpful, please give it a thumbs up

Connect on LinkedIn

Hi @eric-cheng , thank you for the help but unfortunately it still gives me the empty values 😕

I inserted the Compose action between Set Variable and Create item, all inside the loop.

Should I try something else?

eric-cheng
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @shibathedog ,

The BAPI must be returning rows as you can loop.  Is it null for all your columns or just the column you are referencing?  Have you checked the function inputs?

Connect on LinkedIn

@eric-cheng it's blank for every column I tried to reference. The output of the function is a json table that has all the values. I can also get a csv/html table out of it (with Create __ table) and the values are there. I just can't get it to write into a Sharepoint list.

eric-cheng
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @shibathedog ,

Just to clarify your last post.

1. There are values returned from the function?

2. You can output it to HTML table ?

3. It is only null when you create items in SharePoint?

In the screenshot of your opening post, what is the output of your TitleName variable after Set Variable? 

Connect on LinkedIn

Hi @eric-cheng , yes, I confirm that the function has an output, just not to the sharepoint list. If I would do: Manually trigger flow > Call SAP Function > Create HTML table, I would get a html table (with its respective delimiters).

The output (in field: Value) of the TitleName is a column name from SAP. I tried different column names but without luck.

eric-cheng
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @shibathedog ,

So when you set the variable, is there a value or not?

Screenshot_20210901-002852_Chrome.jpg

With the info provided and without being able to have a more detailed look at outputs and run history, its difficult to be able to provide any meaningful help.  Obviously I understand the need for security.

I suggest for you to investigate the input/output of each action further as its obviously returning data according to yourself.  

Connect on LinkedIn

Hi @eric-cheng ,

Thank you a lot for the help, I understand that with this limited information there's not much you can do about!

I am not able to see the output of the Set Variable as it's in the loop:

shibathedog_0-1630421411140.png

I canceled it as it was filling the list with empty values. 

And when I expand on Call SAP function I get the json table which contains the values I need:

shibathedog_1-1630421494591.png

It doesn't seem that I can make a Set Variable step out of the loop.

Does this help?

Thanks a lot, once again! 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (1,208)