cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SlavaS1
Helper II
Helper II

Power Automate sends emails to a wrong route

My company uses mail server on Google and Office 365 users use the same account names on Office 365, for example my mail box is "slava@domain.com". It works fine, mail works, we can connect to Office 365 services.

My issue is "Send an Email v2" Power Automate's action puts email on Office 365 Exchange mail box and doesn't send it to the real mailbox when I send an email to "slava@domain.com". MX records refer on GMail servers.

I have tried use a variable to specify the recipient, put recipients to To/Cc/Bcc fields. No luck. I can find messages on Outlook 365, but not in my real Gmail mail box.

Could you please advice how to send an email when Office 365 account equals to account on an external system?

Thanks for advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

To the best of my knowledge there is no way to use the regular Send an Email with anything other than Office 365 Exchange.  There is an action for sending an email via Gmail.  You would need to use that to send email from Google.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Join me at 365 and PWR EduCon in Chicago
EduCon Chicago 2022

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

To the best of my knowledge there is no way to use the regular Send an Email with anything other than Office 365 Exchange.  There is an action for sending an email via Gmail.  You would need to use that to send email from Google.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Join me at 365 and PWR EduCon in Chicago
EduCon Chicago 2022

SlavaS1
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @Pstork1 it works! Thanks a lot for your quick and professional reply!

Slava

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (1,634)