cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smpa01
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Instant Cloud flow to send email to selected user

Hello experts,

I am a long time Power BI user but new to flow. Power BI currently has the flow capacity inside reports.

I am trying to build a flow where I can give the option to the reader of the report to email the visualization as attachment to the user select by him/her.

However, it looks like I need to specify the mail recipients on this step.

Is there any way to add a step here so that the user can input an email address or get to see the outlook address book to select the recipients and then send email to those selected recipients.

Thank you in advance.

pic1.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
Mari
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi! I am afraid the only option is to send the email to the user who triggered the flow.

Mari_0-1618960512133.png

smpa01
Frequent Visitor

@Mari  yes, since new to PA, hence, took some time to figure that out. PA has this current limitation for PBI button clicked to send email to the user. But what if while reviewing a power bi report, the user wants to send an email to other users (user input specific) to draw their attention. This kind of flow has a lot of value. From my work experience, I saw Directors and CFOs telling me so many times about exactly this utility. They see an anomaly or action item in a report while reviewing and they immediately want to send emails to managers from within the power bi report with the report snapshot without switching between different applications so that immediate action can be taken.  In Summary, I wish on Power BI button clicked had a a similar flow to following.  Alternatively, I tried to wire the following flow in power bi and it does not get triggered. It seems the only flow that would work in PBI are the ones compatible to - Power BI Button Clicked

Thanks for looking into it.

pic4.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (58,806)