cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
SjoerdVNL
Level: Powered On

Power BI KPI alert triggers flow, want to keep track of Forms response to specific event

Hi all,

have been experimenting with Flow for the last days but can't get my head around it. 

What I'm trying to do is creating a Sharepoint list that keeps track of all data driven alerts from Power BI (e.g. a KPI is not met), which is then stored in a sharepointlist with a unique ID as title via guid(). What follows is that a specific Form is sent to a e-mailadress (will automate that later, for now I'm using my own e-mailadress). My problem (due to my lack of knowledge/skills with Flow so far) is that I can't link the response from the survey to the unique ID. 

This is needed because I want to link back the repsonse to not meeting the KPI in Power BI (but I can manage that).

So in short; A Power BI alert is triggered. This is to be seen as a unique event and the reply to this has to be logged and linked to the event.

Hoping that any of you guys or girls can help me with this (probably easy) case. Don't have any flows at the moment that come close to this problem, so I won't litter this post with it...

Many, many thanks in advance. And feel free to ask any questions if I'm not making myself clear. 

2 REPLIES 2
v-zhos-msft
Level 10

Re: Power BI KPI alert triggers flow, want to keep track of Forms response to specific event

Hi @SjoerdVNL ,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

As you said, you want get the response from the survey, then add the link to the event.

Could you please share a example of the form in the email?

Does the form come from MS forms, or just a table in the email body?

I am fraid I need more details to analysis on this issue.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Zhongys

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

SjoerdVNL
Level: Powered On

Re: Power BI KPI alert triggers flow, want to keep track of Forms response to specific event

Hi @v-zhos-msft ,

this morning I started from scratch and managed to log the response to each unique ID in a sharepoint list. Somehow I did not try the "This action sends a survey >> When a new response is submitted >> Get response details in Each ""-combination before.

Next thing I have to find out is how to use a group form in stead of a personal form...

So far working with the Survey ID is resulting in 

{
"ErrorMessage": "System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.Exception: Form name is null\r\n at Microsoft.Forms.Pro.ApiFacade.RequestHandlers.SendEmailsForFlowRequestHandler.<ParseRequestData>d__9.MoveNext()\r\n --- End of inner exception stack trace ---\r\n at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions)\r\n at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotification)\r\n at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.get_Result()\r\n at Microsoft.Forms.Pro.ApiFacade.RequestHandlers.SendEmailsForFlowRequestHandler.DoValidate(HttpRequestContext requestContext)\r\n---> (Inner Exception #0) System.Exception: Form name is null\r\n at Microsoft.Forms.Pro.ApiFacade.RequestHandlers.SendEmailsForFlowRequestHandler.<ParseRequestData>d__9.MoveNext()<---\r\n"
}

flow.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 41 members 5,009 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: