cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gexudo
Frequent Visitor

Power automate and Sharepoint list

I'm building functionality for a PVA project.

Ill keep this short and sweet,

The general idea is PVA calls an automate action and the action adds an item to a SharePoint list.

The problem is that said SharePoint site is private and automate (even if the connect is created with the owner account) cannot see said site and list. Ideally this site is indeed to be private because it will contain reserved data.

Is this a known limitation? Am I doing something wrong? Is there a workaround in order to have a list that is not visible organization wide?

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

When you run a flow from a PVA bot the flow runs in the security context of the user interacting with the bot.  That user must have access to any backend data source that is used by the flow.  That is a requirement of Power Automate.  There really isn't a workaround.  The only real workaround is to use Dataverse for storing the data.  Even then the user must have access, but the security settings in Dataverse are more granular than they are in SharePoint.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,689)