cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lbozon
Frequent Visitor

Power automate flows used to copy items in a new liste

Hello everyone I would like to remake the same thing that I find in this tutorial witch is used to copy new or modificated data on a list in another.

lbozon_0-1620717287953.png

but I always have 3 actions fails in my flow : 

lbozon_1-1620717474747.png

I made a "get items" on my list, then a condition with the formula length(value) = 0 -> for the complet formula

length(outputs('Get item')?['body/value']) and then create a new item if it doesn't exist or modify it if it's false

lbozon_2-1620717712763.png

I dont really understand my errors and how repair it so if someone have an idea thanks for that !

3 REPLIES 3
NiloferA
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hello @lbozon ,

May I suggest a slightly different approach, instead of using the Update Item action, try using the "Send an HTTP Action to SharePoint" and configure is as follows

1. Site Address - Select the SP Site
  2. Method - PATCH
  3. Uri - _api/lists/getbytitle('Name of the List here')/items/getbyid(Your ID here)
  4. Headers - 
    content-typeapplication/json;odata=verbose
    IF-MATCH*
    X-HTTP-MethodMERGE
  5. Body - {'__metadata': {'type':'SP.Data.YourListNameItem'},'Title':'Your Value here', 'ColumnName':'Value',..}NiloferA_0-1620728191459.png

See if this works!

Please give a Kudo or mark this Reply as Solution if you found it helpful.

lbozon
Frequent Visitor

ok I will try to do that thank for your response

lbozon
Frequent Visitor

lbozon_0-1620732237908.png

Seems like miss something or it's not the rigth solution because I have the same errors. But first I was  wondering  if my control is correct because even when I enter in the true case I have the action fail in it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,382)