cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RV_KONDRA
Helper I
Helper I

Power automate to copy files from one drive to different share point folders in different sites based on filename content

Hi all, i am trying to build a flow to copy excel files from one drive to share point folders which are located in different share point sub sites.

I am trying to use switch function but all files are going into only one folder in a sub site that i included under default branch of switch control.

Please see below the flow.

BW FLOW 1.PNG

BW FLOW 2.PNG

Regards,

PW

7 REPLIES 7
RezaDorrani
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @RV_KONDRA 

The data returned is encoded.

Try the following.

RezaDorrani_0-1593204928621.png

The Name property from "Get file metadata" will have your file name so you can use it in Switch.

Note: the Name will also have the file extension.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thanks,
Reza Dorrani, MVP
YouTube
Twitter

Hi Riza, thanks for the response. But still, it is copying all files into default branch of the switch control.

Below is how i tried in switch control.

BW FLOW 3.PNG

@RV_KONDRA 

When the flow is running, you can check the value of the compose action.

See if that value exactly matches one of the cases that you have provided.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thanks,
Reza Dorrani, MVP
YouTube
Twitter

Hi Reza, you are right the excel reports in one drive have below file names. So is it we need to get compose with current date-name of the company - report name.xlsxBW FLOW 4.PNG

Hi Reza, i think it is reading the correct value. Please see below screen shot.

BW FLOW 5.PNG

@RV_KONDRA 

That is correct, you would need an exact match

Thanks,
Reza Dorrani, MVP
YouTube
Twitter

Hi Reza, i got for each company 4 to five reports with different dates and report names something like below. So it we need to create 4 to 5 compose expressions?

BW FLOW 6.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Users online (17,305)