cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Power query cant read from group SharePoint documents if file put there by Power automate

Hi all,

I have manged to create a Power BI query that pulls data from a spreadsheet on the Group SharePoint - shared documents library.

I also created a Power Automate to save the spreadsheet to the SharePoint when it arrives via email (arriving in a group mailbox in Outlook).

The issue is that the Power query in Power BI can pull the data from the spreadsheets on the SharePoint only when they are put there via a file upload or dragged and dropped from desktop or email.

If the file is placed on the SharePoint by the Power Automate flow the Power BI query says:

"DataFormat.Error: File contains corrupted data.
Details:
[Binary]"

Can anyone help to understand what the difference is between a file saved there by the Power Automate or my me?

Flow details:

When a new email arrives in a shared mailbox (V2): "Original Mailbox Address" & "Subject Filter"
Apply to each: "Select an output from previous steps" : Attachments (Outlook)
(Sharepoint) Create File: "Site Address"; "Folder Path"; "File Name"; "File Content"

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2
FCGALLEG
Community Support
Community Support

Hi LeeScape,

In what format are you saving the file? .XLSX

Thanks.

Javier

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Javier

Yes its saving as an .XLSX

Type

XLSX File

Also curiously the file cant "preview" in SharePoint when deposited in library by the flow.

Thanks,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (4,591)