cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper IV
Helper IV

PowerApps Collection to Word Template

I'm currrently testing the "Populate a Microsoft Word template" premium flow for a timesheet solution I am creating the PowerApps.

In the PowerApp I have a report screen (collection shown in a gallery) which I would like to pass into Flow which will populate a word template.

I'm fine when it comes to single fields etc but can I pass the entire collection in PowerApps into a table in the word document?

Many thanks

Steven

3 REPLIES 3
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @sanderson82 ,

Currently repeating content controls such as those used in tables are not supported.

https://flow.microsoft.com/nl-nl/blog/generate-word-documents-in-your-flows/

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Power Automate Video Tutorials
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sanderson82 ,

Do you want to transfer the data of the table in excel to the word file?

At present, there is no suitable workaround to do this in Flow.

The Populate a Microsoft Word template action only supports input multi fields, but tables are not supported.

There is a similar idea, you can vote it so that users may easily cast their vote upon reading this thread:

Add-ability-to-insert-recurring-tables-to-templates-Word-Online

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-bacao-msft 

I seen from the previous comment it was not possible so therefore I'm attempting a different approach.  Using JSON (I have no experience with this) I have the collection data in an array in a text field within my app.

Set(JSONName,JSON(EmpReportSum, JSONFormat.IndentFour))

I'm trying to see if I can then parse this array in flow and add the data to the word document in a formatted way.

I'm starting to think however I may only be able to use e-mails the the parsed JSON in an html table.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (7,050)