cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
calvares
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

PowerApps flow: Referencing values from PowerApps in HTML

So I have a button on my app to print to PDF. The flow works fine. However, there is one value I've missed out in my HTML as I'm stuck on how to reference it.

This is an example of one of my table rows and how I've referenced another field.

<tr>
<td>Activity Status</td>
<td>"&ThisItem.Status.Value &"</td>
</tr>

I want to do the same with a field called IAA which is a person field but multi-select. I understand this is seen as a table and the values would need to be concatenated, but I'm not sure how to put this in the code. Any ideas?

The second thing is that further down the line I may need to add the same functionality and print off a repeating table from PowerApps. As the data would be saved into a collection, is this possible at all?

4 REPLIES 4
calvares
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

I've worked out the code for my multi-select:

<td>"&Concat(ThisItem.IAA, DisplayName, "; ") &"</td>

If anyone could advise on how I could reference a collection in HTML that would be great.

OliverR-82
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi @calvares ,

I'm not sure I understood the second part of your question. If you are trying to create an HTML table from a collection in PowerApps, then have a look at this webpage. It doesn't show you how to create the HTML but it does give you the basics to send your collection from PowerApps to Power Automate for further processing. Basically you use the JSON function in Powerapps to send your collection over to Power Automate.

Hope this helps!

calvares
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Thank you @OliverR-82 . That is what I'm trying to do. I'll check the blog. I was thinking that if the collection is saved back to SharePoint I could reference each item from a gallery in PowerApps using a filter on the master ID. I'll play around with both of these.

OliverR-82
Advocate II
Advocate II

If you need to reference items individually to perform actions on them this might not be the right solution for you, I don't know what it is exactly that you want to do. If you just need to create an HTML table from a collection, then this works great.

I just had a play around with this and using the 'Create HTML table' action in Power Automate this is really simple. This simple flow ran successfully for me, and it's only got a few simple actions.

OliverR-82_0-1615389186498.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (46,534)