Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

PowerApps trigger 401 error for getting CDS record

Hi All, 

I build a canvas app from which I want to trigger an approval flow after which I want to update a CDS record. 
However, I keep getting the 401 error (see image below) which for me is really strange as I created the CDS environment. 

Moreover, I have admin rights in both PowerApps and Automate. I cannot imagine that I need any other rights. 

I tried multiple configurations (get before and after approval trigger, and update CDS record right away) and also checked the GUID of the record. There were other posts regarding this topic but none discussing CDS with PowerApps trigger. 
Probably, it is something real easy but I cannot seem to figure it out... 

Do I need to turn flow on for environment? Do I need special rights? ... 

Help is much appreciated. 

I couldn't find the answer to my question on the form but I expect that i

Reinier_0-1596117194757.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Reinier ,

It can happen that you have changed your password recently. So you need to update the connection of CDS by reentering password or creating a new connection altogether with new password.

Thanks

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Reinier ,

It can happen that you have changed your password recently. So you need to update the connection of CDS by reentering password or creating a new connection altogether with new password.

Thanks

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Reinier ,

This seems to be related to your use of the PowerApps button as the trigger. If Flow triggers when the record is changed, you can consider using When a record is created, updated or deleted directly as the trigger.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

Hi @ManishJain ,

Thanks! I rebuilt the flow and now it works just fine. It is strange though that the exact same flow works. I also found that working in an incognito browser works even better. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (12,480)