Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
sajarac
Level 8

Powerapp and Excel File

Hi there.

Very new using MS FLow, I ahve made some using some tutorials but I cannot figure out this one:

I have my app in power apps, and the data source is a file in onedrive "excel file" my app creates a new row in my excel file. I would like to get notified when I new row is added not modified only when a new record = row is added.

Is this possible? if so, someone can point me in the right direction?

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Powerapp and Excel File

Hi @sajarac,

Yes, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.

If you would like this trigger when a new row is added of excel connector to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum so it might be considered for future releases:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Alice

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @sajarac

Do you want to get notified when a new row is added in an excel table in the onedrive using microsoft flow?

The trigger when a new row is added of excel connector is not supported in microsoft flow currently.

If you want to get notified when a new row is added in an excel table in the onedrive using microsoft flow,

I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.

If you would like this trigger when a new row is added of excel connector to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum so it might be considered for future releases:

Best regards,

Alice

sajarac
Level 8

Thank you very mcuh for your response. I guess I have to move my data to a share point list?

I did, but now I am getting stuck with the fields. seems like powerapps doesn't like the previous fields connected with excel in one drive and now in SPL.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @sajarac,

Yes, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.

Best regards,

Alice

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 378 members 4,695 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: