Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ALP1
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Powerapps Datepicker : the input parameter must be a string\date

Hi,

I'm searching for hours now and i haven's still found an answer.

I have a sharepoint column that the type is date (french)

I have a powerapps that i connected to this sharepoint library.

I added this formula that is format the date like dd/mm/yyyy when i upload a file

ALP1_0-1648744971895.png

After i have uploade the file, the flow fails...and it gives me this error the input parameter must be a string\date

So i tried with adding an initialize variable action and then i use thix expression formatdatetime(initalisevariabe),'dd/MM/yyyy')

and it's not working

ALP1_1-1648745669351.png

Could you help me please ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ALP1
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Finally i found the answer with this user dimi Solved: Re: Convert string from PowerApps to datetime in s... - Power Platform Community (microsoft....

I have solved my problem by formatting my datetime which comes from PowerApp to an ISO format (yyyy-mm-dd) so that all dates come in the same format in my Flow and the Flow formatDateTime() function only accepts ISO xxx formats (noticed this in my errors) so this worked as expected.

ALP1_0-1648747221247.png

instead of dd/mm/yyyy

And in flow simply add the dynamic field

ALP1_1-1648747289166.png

And it converts automaticaly in european format in SP.

ALP1_2-1648747384899.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ALP1
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Finally i found the answer with this user dimi Solved: Re: Convert string from PowerApps to datetime in s... - Power Platform Community (microsoft....

I have solved my problem by formatting my datetime which comes from PowerApp to an ISO format (yyyy-mm-dd) so that all dates come in the same format in my Flow and the Flow formatDateTime() function only accepts ISO xxx formats (noticed this in my errors) so this worked as expected.

ALP1_0-1648747221247.png

instead of dd/mm/yyyy

And in flow simply add the dynamic field

ALP1_1-1648747289166.png

And it converts automaticaly in european format in SP.

ALP1_2-1648747384899.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

Carousel_PP_768x460_Wave2 (1).png

2022 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2022 through March 2023.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (3,298)