cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
one2know
Regular Visitor

Prevent mailing loop

I built a simple flow: Every incoming mail of a shared mailbox is answered by my flow. So far so good, this works.

BUT: If the sender has a automatic reply too, it escalates quickly. Suddenly, you have 1000+ mails in your inbox.

My question: How can you avoid this type of loop? Can you limit the executions per hour or something like that?

I hope, someone can solve this! Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
jinivthakkar
Super User
Super User

@one2know I understand the issue and unfortunately there is nothing for us to recognize if the email is automatic reply but I did observe one thing that automatic reply is sent only once to a user so even if a user has set automatic reply I will send Automatic reply only once.

jinivthakkar_0-1613982419739.png

In above example when I sent email OK2 an automatic reply was sent but again when I send email OK3 automatic reply was not sent to me. You can try this and I think it should be OK and it would get stuck in infinite loop.

Also there is no way to set execution limits.

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

tingtingluo
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi,

Usually, auto reply email have the words "auto reply" or "automatical reply" in the subject.

Therefore, adding a condition to filter out these will help here.

auto reply condition.png

Thanks

VictorIvanidze
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Create a distribution list noreply@contoso.com with no members and send as this list.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,044)