cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
SlothKat
Level: Powered On

Preventing SharePoint item duplication when using create item on Flow.

Hi all,

I've created a Flow to run on recurrence. It will get the group members of two disturbution lists. Then get the items of a sharepoint list. From there it will compare the email address, of the person pulled from the disturbution list, to the email address contained within the SharePoint list. If the address is on the list, it should do nothing. If the email address doesn't exist in the list. It should create a new item with the email address in it.

My problem, I'm having is that the flow keeps making duplicates of the people, from the disturbution lists. I would thought the condition would stop this from happening.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jon

Screenshot_1.pngScreenshot_2.png

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Preventing SharePoint item duplication when using create item on Flow.

Hi @SlothKat,

You should Apply to each member mail and each participantsEmail to see if the member mail is exists in the sharepoint list.

I would offer you a workaround to check from your first disturbution list to see if the member mail exists in the sharepoint list, and you could refer to my steps to create the following action to check from your second disturbution list to see if the member mail exists in the sharepoint list.

I have made a test on my side to create a participantsEmail column with Single line of text type in the sharepoint list.

Please refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Best regards,

Alice

SlothKat
Level: Powered On

Re: Preventing SharePoint item duplication when using create item on Flow.

Hi @v-yuazh-msft,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried your workaround you gave me but sadly the flow is still creating duplicates of the people on the list.

I've edited my Flow to match yours exactly. I did also try moving the second set variable to the first condition & then also remove it completely from the Flow. But the Flow would still duplicate people on the list.

Thanks,

Jon

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 79 members 3,740 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: