cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
RTodd
Level: Powered On

Preventing the Location of an Outlook Event from Syncing with Google

I am using the the Sync events from Office 365 Calendar to Google Calendar . I would like to prevent the Location of the Outlook event from transferring to the Google Calendar. I have tried editing the flow in several locations but the Location field from the Outlook calendar continues to transfer to the Google calendar. The location doesn't show up on the basic view of the event on the Google calendar but when you click on the Google Event to reveal the detailed view the Location is showing up.

is there a way to prevent the Location value from transferring to Google at all?

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Preventing the Location of an Outlook Event from Syncing with Google

Hi @RTodd,

You could take a try to delete the "Location" dynamic content in the "Location" field of "Create an event" action.

Capture.PNG

Best regards,

Alice

RTodd

Hi v-yuazh-msft, Yes, I tried that but the Location field is still migrating to the Google Calendar. I tried to insert a screenshot into this response to show you what I am talking about but I can't seem to copy and paste an image into this post. How did you include an image in your post?
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @RTodd,

You could click the "Photos" in the reply window:

Capture.PNG

Best regards,

Alice

RTodd

No, unfortunatley I have not solved the problem. I have tried to upload a screenshot using the camera icon on the toolbar but when I put the path to the image in the "Source" field nothing happens and I have tried copying and pasting the image is as well and that doesn't work.

Again, following your previous advice you provided about removing the "Location" field from that specific location in the flow works...sort of...the value of the Outlook Location field does not show up in the Google Calendar entry that shows up in the calendar view...however if I click on an event in the Google calendar to see more detailed information about the event the Location data (from the Outlook calendar) shows up next to the waypoint icon (hoping to provide screenshot). 

For security reasons I cannot have the Location data uploaded/displayed anywhere in the Google Calendar.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (3,676)