cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
purpleplate
Level: Powered On

Pricing Submission by Form to Create or Update SharePoint List - Flow fails but item updated?

Hello,

I'd like to use a form for my supplier submit new pricing or revised pricing for an item. The idea is to use the same form for both purposes:

1.  New item pricing - with submission, create a new entry on the Sharepoint list;
  2.  Updating existing item pricing - with submission, update the existing entry on select fields.

The problem i have is the flow fails, but the sharepoint list is updated correctly (it worked for once, then started failing). Please help take a look on below flow:

It worked at the beginning when i tried to test it:

5.PNG

Then started failing: Updating existing item pricing: 

3.PNG4.PNG2.PNG1.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
AKRogers
Level 8

Re: Pricing Submission by Form to Create or Update SharePoint List - Flow fails but item updated?

Hi @purpleplate,

It looks like the Flow is failing on the Create item action for SharePoint.  If it worked once and then started failing, I bet it's an issue with how you're naming the items.

Can you screenshot the failed Create item action?  both the expanded "edit" view and one of the failed runs so that we can see the full error message.

Thanks!

Ashley

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Pricing Submission by Form to Create or Update SharePoint List - Flow fails but item updated?

Hi @purpleplate,

There are two branch in the Apply to each action:

Annotation 2019-11-04 142626.png

The first branch runs successful and no error, the error may caused by the second branch.

So you can check the configuration of the Create item action, it will be better if you can share the error detail of Create item action.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

purpleplate

Hello @v-litu-msft ,

Please see below:

1.PNG

Error message:

body": {
"status": 400,
"message": "The list item could not be added or updated because duplicate values were found in the following field(s) in the list: [Item Code].\r\nclientRequestId: aec0c80e-ba1c-4de2-81c2-a979a51e70dc\r\nserviceRequestId: aec0c80e-ba1c-4de2-81c2-a979a51e70dc"
}
}

///
I did set the column Item Code as "Unique Value", to avoid duplicate item#. The purpose is to update the cost for the existing item, if there is a new cost.
purpleplate

Hello @AKRogers ,

Please see the reply above. Thanks for your help!

Super User
Super User

Hi @purpleplate from the way that I read that, you're basically getting the duplicate error because you're entering something in again, when you need to be updating it instead?

What you need to do, is figure out if the item has already been created within the list or not and from there either create an item or update an item.

One of these videos will help you to this. You can use either approach, it depends on how you want to do it:

FlowBites: Does It Exist Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLqMiDubA7s

FlowBites: Does it Exist Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6QcntAs2_0

Did my reply help? Please give it a thumbs up.
Did I answer your question? Please mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Community Leader: Black Country PowerApps & Flow User Group

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (3,974)