Add a row to table in my spreadsheet occasionally, not always, creates a duplicate row.
My flow collects data from a Snapform, processes some of the data then saves it as a row in a spreadsheet table. It often works fine. But from time to time I notice I have a duplicate row of identical data. In checking back I confirm the flow has run only once however in the times that I get the duplicates I see that there has been 1 retry in the Add a row into table step:
When I click the View button I see:
However, it seems both the original and the retried entry are made into the spreadsheet.
The spreadsheet is stored in a SharePoint location.
When I click on the Show raw inputs link, the head part of the info is:
Can anyone give me a heads-up as to where to go next in troubleshooting this?
I also have this exact same behavior on adding a row in excel though it happens more often than I'd like. Did you have any solutions? The only option I see to solve it is by directly using the Graph API method found here: https://sharepains.com/2020/06/08/super-fast-update-excel-using-power-automate/ which may work for you but it does involve Azure AD Admin access to generate an Azure AD app and I do not have that ability. Otherwise it seems like there is an issue with the request timeout of a single request and it being around the 30 second mark.
@DavidZG No, I never found a resolution. It was getting more and more frequent up to around mid-July, with probably every 2nd or so entry doubling up. But the last 10 entries have gone in without a glitch. I agree that it could be a timing/time-out issue. I suspect Azure AD apps will mean extra licencing so I don't really want to go down that path. For now, I'm just monitoring it and I guess I'll need to deal with it again when it shows up.
@KarlInOz1 Just to close the loop on this, I went through the process of getting admins to help set up an Azure app and went through the process of interacting with the Graph API directly using an HTTP call, and long story short for me it seemed to take what looks like the same amount of time and I still got retries and thus duplicates in the excel sheet, I continued hunting to find some articles online that talk about the time taken to add a row (at least when using the Graph API) is related to formula's in the table (and other tables that reference the table) you are adding rows to. If you reduce the amount of formula's or remove them the then time taken to actually add the row reduces, likely to a point that is reliably below that 30 second timeout that we seem to be hitting. I tested this by removing the formula's I could and keeping the remaining ones that I couldn't and the add row processing time went from 27 to 40 seconds down to 7 seconds of processing time using the Graph API directly. So formula's might be something you look at if it becomes an issue for you.