Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bobat42
Helper I
Helper I

Problem moving file from one sharepoint site to another

Hi,

since mid of last week some of my flows do not work properly any more. We have time triggered flows that check if a new file is stored on a SharePoint site folder and then distributes them to other site folders plus sends out an email. That still works if the site folder is on the same site as original one, but not if it should move the file to another site. I could rewrite the flow to generate a new file and delete the one on the original location, but then need to check if the file already exists. This was much easier with the move file action. Does anyone see the same behavior or does anyone have a clue what might have changed last week ?

Here is the output of the error and a screenshot of the flow error:

Not sure why the site ID mismatch appears. If I create a flow to create a file instead of moving it, it does have the ability to access it.

{"statusCode":400,"headers":{"Vary":"Origin","X-SharePointHealthScore":"2","X-MS-SPConnector":"1","X-SP-SERVERSTATE":"ReadOnly=0","DATASERVICEVERSION":"3.0","SPClientServiceRequestDuration":"63","SPRequestGuid":"f0663b77-2fd0-4d66-bfd6-2219197b7fad","request-id":"f0663b77-2fd0-4d66-bfd6-2219197b7fad","MS-CV":"dztm8NAvZk2/1iIZGXt/rQ.0","Strict-Transport-Security":"max-age=31536000","X-FRAME-OPTIONS":"SAMEORIGIN","Content-Security-Policy":"frame-ancestors 'self' teams.microsoft.com *.teams.microsoft.com *.skype.com *.teams.microsoft.us local.teams.office.com *.powerapps.com *.yammer.com *.officeapps.live.com *.office.com *.stream.azure-test.net *.microsoftstream.com;","MicrosoftSharePointTeamServices":"16.0.0.21423","X-Content-Type-Options":"nosniff","X-MS-InvokeApp":"1; RequireReadOnly","Timing-Allow-Origin":"*","x-ms-apihub-cached-response":"true","Cache-Control":"max-age=0, private","Date":"Mon, 05 Jul 2021 14:45:11 GMT","P3P":"CP=\"ALL IND DSP COR ADM CONo CUR CUSo IVAo IVDo PSA PSD TAI TELo OUR SAMo CNT COM INT NAV ONL PHY PRE PUR UNI\"","X-AspNet-Version":"4.0.30319","X-Powered-By":"ASP.NET","Content-Length":"935","Content-Type":"application/json","Expires":"Sun, 20 Jun 2021 14:45:12 GMT","Last-Modified":"Mon, 05 Jul 2021 14:45:12 GMT"},"body":{"status":400,"message":"System.ArgumentException: SiteId mismatch\r\n at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWeb.GetWebRelativeUrlFromUrl(String strUrl, Boolean includeQueryString, Boolean canonicalizeUrl, Boolean doNotChangeEncoding)\r\n at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWeb.GetWebRelativeUrlFromUrl(SPResourcePath url, Boolean includeQueryString, Boolean canonicalizeUrl)\r\n at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFile.MoveCopyInternal(SPResourcePath newUrl, MoveUrlFlags grf, Boolean requireWebFilePermission, String etagMatch, Guid originatorId, String& newETag, Boolean allowNoExecuteWebFileUpdate)\r\n at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFile.MoveTo(SPResourcePath newPath, SPMoveOperations moveOperations)\r\n at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPMigrationOrchestrator.PerformCopyWithinWeb(SPCopyMigrationParameters migParams)\r\nclientRequestId: f0663b77-2fd0-4d66-bfd6-2219197b7fad\r\nserviceRequestId: f0663b77-2fd0-4d66-bfd6-2219197b7fad"}}

Flow error.jpg

28 REPLIES 28

Hello Ramiz,

thank you for your patience here and sorry for not being clear. Let's disregard the folders and let's say this is the structure in my library:

no folders.jpgIt will it copy the files when the target destination is https://xxxxxxx.sharepoint.com/Posteingang_Scan/ , but not if the target destination is: https://xxxxxxx.sharepoint.com/sites/logistic/TestLogistic/
I am admin / member for both sites. I can create and delete files with a flow, but not move them. To create and delete the file would be an alternative solution for me, if the file does not exist yet. But if it already exists the move file action is more handy as it already checks the existence and then does what I want (replace, rename or fail)

Sorry I meant: It will it MOVE the files when the target destination is https://xxxxxxx.sharepoint.com/Posteingang_Scan/ , but not if the target destination is: https://xxxxxxx.sharepoint.com/sites/logistic/TestLogistic/

If the target destination folder is on the same site, it will work as well, but not if the target destination folder in on another site.

Ramiz
Helper III
Helper III

@Bobat42 
I have tested this scenario as well and everything is working fine at my end. My user is site collection admin for both sites.  Add your user in Site collection admin and try.

Ramiz_2-1625832251790.png

Ramiz_3-1625832355074.png

Anonymous11

I have exactly the same problem since 30/06 with a flow that was working well for more than a year. I get the same error "SiteID mismatch" but only when I use the action "Copy file". I have the error in 3 different site collections.

I submitted a ticket with MS Support but they haven't found any solution yet.

System.ArgumentException: SiteId mismatch
at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWeb.GetWebRelativeUrlFromUrl

paulschneller
Regular Visitor

I have exactly the same problem. I have a Flow that worked flawlessly for over a year. I use it once a month. Since the begin of july it is not working anymore. 

System.ArgumentException: SiteId mismatch
at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWeb.GetWebRelativeUrlFromUrl(String strUrl, Boolean includeQueryString, Boolean canonicalizeUrl, Boolean doNotChangeEncoding)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWeb.GetWebRelativeUrlFromUrl(SPResourcePath url, Boolean includeQueryString, Boolean canonicalizeUrl)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFile.MoveCopyInternal(SPResourcePath newUrl, MoveUrlFlags grf, Boolean requireWebFilePermission, String etagMatch, Guid originatorId, String& newETag, Boolean allowNoExecuteWebFileUpdate, Int32 searchFlags)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFile.CopyTo(SPResourcePath newPath, SPCopyOperations copyOperations)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPMigrationOrchestrator.PerformCopyWithinWeb(SPCopyMigrationParameters migParams)
clientRequestId: 9ed872f9-12b8-4c43-9acd-1cf5ec6b4457
serviceRequestId: 9ed872f9-12b8-4c43-9acd-1cf5ec6b4457

It is really nice, that the error message in Power Automate found a link to this thread, but I can't seem to find an answer to this problem here...

paulschneller_0-1627991151680.png

paulschneller
Regular Visitor

That is my workaround now: I use "Get file" and "Create file" actions, to make a copy action by myself. 🙂 It works. Which also shows that permissions are not the problem.

paulschneller_0-1627992610634.png

Hello Paul,

thank you for posting that we are not alone.  🙄 There is no solution afaik. My workaround was a bit more rudimentary, since instead of moving the files from one group site to the other, I moved them to a different sharepoint site (not a group) and then back to the destination group folder. This still works fine for some reason.

Since there might be files with the same name I prefer the move file as it has built in options how to handle these issues. But you are right, I can copy files over by creating a new one in the destination folder.

The same problem "SiteID mismatch". Permissions tested in many ways - without success. Interestingly - the flow on a different tenant works properly!
The idea to create a new file works, but that's not the point ?!

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,358)