cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jpalmarozzo
Level: Powered On

Problem using IF expression to display a from field value if the value of another form field is equal to Yes.

Hello,

I've built a flow to send an Outlook email populated with data from a MS form submission. However, in the email I'm trying to use the IF expression to show the value of a form field only if the value of another form field is "Yes."  Here is the expression that I have so far...

if(equals(body('Get_response_details')?['r9f898a6597024b03989b9f5d13d5b357'],'Yes',body('Get_response_details')?['r346258161c974bd1b6faf5ecc9d12c7b'],'')

I've gotten the expression to work if the true condition value is static text but it keeps coming back as invalid when I try to make the true condition value another form field. I think my syntax is off but I don't know the correct format. Can anyone advise me of the correct format? I'm hoping it's something simple. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Problem using IF expression to display a from field value if the value of another form field is equal to Yes.

Hi @jpalmarozzo ,

Please try to format the function likes below:

if(equals(body('Get_response_details')?['r0c350344c2234ed987316af96bee974c'],'Yes'),body('Get_response_details')?['rb4dac56b277b41dd874addc4d62539c1'],'')

I have made a test and it is just working fine.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Problem using IF expression to display a from field value if the value of another form field is equal to Yes.

Hi @jpalmarozzo ,

Please try to format the function likes below:

if(equals(body('Get_response_details')?['r0c350344c2234ed987316af96bee974c'],'Yes'),body('Get_response_details')?['rb4dac56b277b41dd874addc4d62539c1'],'')

I have made a test and it is just working fine.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 30 members 412 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: