cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CHINCHUDO
Regular Visitor

Problem when adding or updating file comparing against other file name

I have a folder on SharePoint that is only supposed to have one file with a specifi name.... We'll call it "Secret2DUniverse.zip"

I' trying to create a flow to notify me when a different file with a wrong name is added. The problem is that the flow gives me the same notification if the file is updated. Here are two screenshots; onet of my flow and the second when I run the flow:

Flow setup comparing "DisplayName" of the file that should be there and the "File name" of the file that was added or updated.Flow setup comparing "DisplayName" of the file that should be there and the "File name" of the file that was added or updated.Shows flow after it was executed. The exact same reult occurs no matter if the file is updated or another unwanted file is added.Shows flow after it was executed. The exact same reult occurs no matter if the file is updated or another unwanted file is added.

When I receive a message I use the Dynamic Content in the message. They strings will match perfectly and yet the outcome is that they do not match. I have also tried comparing the new or updated file to a string with the same result. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
abm
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @CHINCHUDO 

I managed to replicate this error. What I found out is from the run history I can see the file name is displaying as follows.

z1.png

I am not sure why the above properties are showing as encrypted. This could be timing issue where file creation or modification are in progress. Hopefully some other flow experts can answer it.

To get this working I did the following:

Declare two variables as string.

Assign the variable values as display name and filename.

Compare this the variable in IF condition.

Here is the screenshot.

t1.png

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blogPower Automate Video Tutorials

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
abm
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @CHINCHUDO 

I managed to replicate this error. What I found out is from the run history I can see the file name is displaying as follows.

z1.png

I am not sure why the above properties are showing as encrypted. This could be timing issue where file creation or modification are in progress. Hopefully some other flow experts can answer it.

To get this working I did the following:

Declare two variables as string.

Assign the variable values as display name and filename.

Compare this the variable in IF condition.

Here is the screenshot.

t1.png

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blogPower Automate Video Tutorials

View solution in original post

CHINCHUDO
Regular Visitor

@abm

Thanks for the reply. initializing the variables and specifically setting them to strings was the solution I needed. I don't know why your file name was encripted but that is not a problem I was having. Thanks again! Cheers!

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Groups Public Preview

Join us for our User Group Public Preview!

Power Automate User Groups are coming! Make sure you’re among the first to know when user groups go live for public preview.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (74,102)