cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Problem while creating Word Documents with Flow - New lines does not appear in Word Client but in Word Online

Hi together,

I am trying to insert a listing in one string variable and put it into a Word Template.

I do it once with a hit on "Enter" inside "Append to string variable", and I do it a second time with a solution I found in the forum with a json, as you can see in "Append to string variable 3".

FlowFlow

After populating a Word template and creating a file I can see in the Flow that it worked properly. 

Also it worked perfectly if I check this on Word in the Online view.

Word OnlineWord Online

However it does not work when i am opening the document with my Word Client on my Notebook.

I also installed the latest updates... But it doesnt take any of the two "New Line" attempts.

Can someone support me please?

Word ClientWord Client

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Problem while creating Word Documents with Flow - New lines does not appear in Word Client but in Word Online

I am also running into this issue. Like OP, line breaks display correctly in Word Online, but not in desktop application. Are there any fixes out there?

For what it's worth, I noticed in the dynamicFileSchema parameter that the function is replacing plain text line breaks with \n. So, it appears like \n is supposed to work, but it seems Word Online knows what to do with it, but not the Word desktop application (just converts to space).

How text appears in input parameter:

Capture20190516_1.PNG

How it appears in file schema parameter:

Capture20190516_2.PNG

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Re: Problem while creating Word Documents with Flow - New lines does not appear in Word Client but in Word Online

Did anyone ever find a resolution for this?

I am experiencing this issue also, new lines appearing in 'Word Online' but not when running Word application? 😞

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,021)