cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Problem with Compose Inputs/Outputs of Flow

I'm dragging the over from Power Apps community; I hope it doesn't violate some double post rule.

I am trying to follow instructions from a site referenced to me about how to upload documents to an SP document library. I have tried eight times to get it to work, without success.

The issue is my inability to get passed the 'Compose' component of the flow creation.

This first image is my flow 'Compose', created EXACTLY as the instruction states. I am unable to see the inputs and outputs as displayed on the instruction 'Compose'. If I click on the download I get the entire file (blob, is it?) contents rather than the four lines shown in the instruction 'Compose'.

3csman_0-1613762695723.png

This is the 'Compose' from the instructions; where you can clearly see the inputs and outputs language that should appear. I have created the Collection per the instructions, and they have the required and appropriately named fields. Why am I not getting the same inputs and outputs as the example?

3csman_1-1613762750491.png

I've got the following in the Power Apps button:

3csman_0-1613763492828.png

3 REPLIES 3
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Can you show a screenshot of the definition of your compose?  Its not surprising that it must be downloaded to be viewed.  That's determined by the size.  I suspect in the article they used a very small image so it would show in the run.  If you download the output in a browser you should see the same structure.  There are extensions you can add to your browser that will format the JSON when its downloaded.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Anonymous
Not applicable

3csman_0-1613769484287.png

The flow after run.

3csman_1-1613769544527.png

Here is a piece of the inputs/outputs I get:

3csman_2-1613769615516.png

Paulie78
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous I do not understand what the problem is here, it seems to be working. You are uploading from PowerApps an image, and your compose is showing that coming through fine. It is being represented as base64, which is exactly what you would expect. If you wrote this data out to a file you should find that it is readable (you might have to convert it back to binary depending on what you action are doing).

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,130)