cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mattterry13
Regular Visitor

Problem with SharePoint list trigger to refresh Power BI dataset

I created a simple flow to update a Power BI dataset for a report in a premium instance when an item in a SharePoint list is created or modified. When I originally tested it, it said it worked successfully, but never actually refreshed the dataset. Now it's not even running when an item on the list is created or modified. I am not the owner of the SharePoint site, I only have access to the list - is that what is causing the issue?

Inkedflow snip_LI.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
PrasadAthalye
Super User
Super User

Are you contributor to the site? Can you edit and create items?

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

Yes I am a contributor - I can add/edit/delete items on the list. 

Did you add any trigger conditions? If not, can you check History and skipped runs if its skipping? Flow should run as soon as you create a new item.

Power Automate Community

I hadn't added any other trigger conditions. On the 19th I deleted an item from the list and it didn't trigger the flow. Yesterday I modified an item and added a second, and it did actually trigger the flow, but I received an error on the BI side, see below. 

error code snip.png

This seems to be an issue within power bi dataset table. Please check the underlying data source and troubleshoot the error. 

Power Automate Community
mattterry13
Regular Visitor

Yes in this instance that is correct. However, after posting, I went in and deleted one of the test items, and that did not trigger the flow. My understanding was that deleting an item from a SharePoint fell under 'modified' and should have triggered the flow - am I understanding correctly, or is deleting an item not supposed to trigger the data set refresh?

No. Delete would not trigger this flow. There is another trigger called 'When an item is deleted' for deleted items.

Power Automate Community

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (895)