cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Triggers - Flow Won't Start

Hello,

I'm pretty new to Power Automate but have been using it for some basic flows.

I currently have a flow that isn't triggering and I can't figure out why (so frustrating!)

Here are the triggers I have in the "When an item is created or modified" for a SharePoint list.

scase24_0-1611253496804.png

Can someone tell me if these are correct as far as syntax?

The first one is reading from a "Choice" field - has options of "Yes" or "No" that a person selects.

The rest are all reading off fields set up as "Single line of text" that are either automatically populated from another flow OR completed by a person.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@scase24 ,

it is my understanding that any field modified in the sharepoint list will trigger the flow.

my suggestion is to troubleshoot first by taking all of the conditions off, to make sure it's actually triggering and running properly.

Then test each trigger condition individually. This should help narrow down where the issue is..

thanks,

Kyle.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@scase24 ,

Please confirm that you need each of those conditions to be met before the flow runs.

The purpose of the trigger conditions is to keep the flow from running unless certain criteria is met, not to cause the flow to run when said criteria is met.

Once your flow is triggered, it will then evaluate your trigger conditions to see if they are true. The flow will only run if ALL of the trigger conditions evaluate as true.

So right now, the flow should only run when

Approved Value = YES

AND

ApprovedEmailSent = YES

AND

MailingEmailSent = YES

AND

SenderName = null/blank/nothing

I hope this helps.

thanks,

Kyle

Hi Kyle,

Thank you for the response. 

Yes, I understand all conditions must be true for the flow to run. I did have a mix up in the conditions I initially posted. I changed them to below and it still won't run even though all the conditions are true.

The flow should only run when

Approved Value = YES

AND

ApprovedEmailSent = YES

AND

MailingEmailSent = null/blank/nothing

AND

SenderName = anything BUT blank

scase24_0-1611262894328.png

I just cannot figure out why it's not running. I'm looking at a line in my SharePoint list where I just modified a field and saved it with all of these conditions being true but it's not triggering.

I have another flow that's very similar and it's working fine. I guess I should ask - it doesn't matter what field in the list for an item is modified, right? Any modification and then save of the item row should trigger the flow, correct?

Regards,

Stephanie

Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@scase24 ,

it is my understanding that any field modified in the sharepoint list will trigger the flow.

my suggestion is to troubleshoot first by taking all of the conditions off, to make sure it's actually triggering and running properly.

Then test each trigger condition individually. This should help narrow down where the issue is..

thanks,

Kyle.

View solution in original post

Ok - thanks. I'll do some additional testing with just one trigger at a time to see if one comes up as not working as written.

I appreciate your help!

Regards,

Stephanie

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (41,096)