cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Problem with do untill field is populated

Hello,

I am building flow which when status is changed wait for a field to be filled in, if not send reminder after 2 weeks

here is my flow:

1.JPG

here is problematic part:

2.JPG

M first idea was to check if column 'Invoice Number' has been changed, if no send reminder.

My second idea which I have found on this forum was to wait untill field 'Invoice Number' empty is empty:

3.JPG

Both my ideas does not work. I would appriciate any help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

@mallow 

You can achieve this with 2 flows. 

In the current flow which is set to trigger on every update, you are already checking if the status is ready.  Create a new column called reminder date in the list. When the status is ready, you can populate the reminder date by adding 2 weeks to the current time and update the list item. Also, if you find that the 2nd column which you are looking for if changes or not,  is updated, you can wipe out the reminder date. 

Now You can design 2nd Flow that runs every day with a Schedule trigger. In this flow, you can filter all the records where the Reminder date matches today's date. If yes, check the value of the column changed. If it has not changed, send a reminder email else do not send an email. If you wish to remind again after 2 weeks, update the reminder date to 2 weeks again.

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User
Super User

@mallow 

You can achieve this with 2 flows. 

In the current flow which is set to trigger on every update, you are already checking if the status is ready.  Create a new column called reminder date in the list. When the status is ready, you can populate the reminder date by adding 2 weeks to the current time and update the list item. Also, if you find that the 2nd column which you are looking for if changes or not,  is updated, you can wipe out the reminder date. 

Now You can design 2nd Flow that runs every day with a Schedule trigger. In this flow, you can filter all the records where the Reminder date matches today's date. If yes, check the value of the column changed. If it has not changed, send a reminder email else do not send an email. If you wish to remind again after 2 weeks, update the reminder date to 2 weeks again.

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (50,299)