cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Problem with line break when creating csv table

I am new to Power Automate and I have a problem that I have not been able to solve.

When getting data to create a csv table, one of the data is a paragraph, if the paragraph has a line break an additional line is created in the csv file. I need is that the whole paragraph is in the same line.

How can I prepare the data so that this line break is not created?

Captura.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

With the first answer I didn't have a solution. So I had to combine the first suggestion with the second. Many thanks to users for their help.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hello @R4ymondJ 

Try using the the "HTML to text" action. It translates escape sequence to plain text (using http).

Example.

PAUG_escapesequencetotext.png

The variable in my example is optional. You can directly reference the H2T action's output in your flow.

PS, use the H2T action in default HTML view (not code view).

Give this a shot - hope it helps,

Aman

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post helps you with your problem or answers your question, please mark it Solved or Answered. This helps anyone with similar challenges. If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Highlighted
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

You could simply replace the \r\n with nothing using compose step before the create CSV step which would remove the line breaks completely. But it depends if you need to retain the record of them in the resulting CSV. 

What is the destination for the CSV? Excel?

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @R4ymondJ ,

Have your issue been solved according to @Amanthaper  'solution?

If yes, please go ahead and mark the post as solved by clicking “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted

With the first answer I didn't have a solution. So I had to combine the first suggestion with the second. Many thanks to users for their help.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

I actually found another much cleaner way of doing it since then, based off another question someone else asked today.

Highlighted

which way?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,655)