cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mentor365
Frequent Visitor

Problem with passing custom headers in http action

I am trying to call a webservice (using GET method) that is requiring a specific value (a domain name) as a header parameter. Parameter name: "Origin". 

When i test i Postman from my local computer it works fine, but when running a flow with a http action configured with same url and Origin header the service responds with "Origin not allowed". 

What could be missing? Can power-automate override the "Origin" parameter someway?

forbiddenwebapi.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
fchopo
Super User II
Super User II

Hello @Mentor365 

I have created a sample test flow that does something similar:

2020-02-12 19_46_23-Window.png

And it's working! So maybe it's a problem about the REST API you are calling. Have you tried with another origin value?

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!
fchopo
Super User II
Super User II

Hello @Mentor365 

I have created a similar flow, and it's working:

TVMAze.png

Have you tried with another value for the origin parameter?

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Have you

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!
Mentor365
Frequent Visitor

Hi Ferran!

Your example works even without "origin" header so perhaps it is not a good test. (Or did you test with some other api where Origin was actually required as well?)

You are right!

Have you tried to change the value of the origin parameter anyway?

Proud to be a Flownaut!
Mentor365
Frequent Visitor

I have now tried to add more custom headers to the call and then i read the headers from a "When a HTTP request is received" in another Flow.

I can read  the other custom headers that i have added myself (with other names), but the header with name "Origin" fails with an error message:"Header Origin does not exist"... 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

Users online (31,904)