cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with sequential approvals

I am building a fairly simple sequential approval process. When a document is saved an approval request is sent to person A, when they approve it an approval request is sent to person B and finally when they approve it an approval request is sent to person C. When they approve it an email is sent to the originator to confirm it's been approved.

The problem that I'm having is that once Person A approves it, the flow is triggering the approval requests for both Person B and Person C as well as the final approval email all at the same time. It's not working sequentially. 

What am I doing wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@JoRyan 

1.JPG

Are you using "Start and wait for an approval" action for A, B, and C? If so, they should wait. If you are just using "Create an approval" action, it will not wait.

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

If this reply helped you to solve the issue, please mark the post as Accepted SolutionMarking this post as Accepted Solution, will help many other users to use this post to solve same or similar issue without re-posting the issue in the group. Saves a lot of time for everyone.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@JoRyan 

1.JPG

Are you using "Start and wait for an approval" action for A, B, and C? If so, they should wait. If you are just using "Create an approval" action, it will not wait.

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

If this reply helped you to solve the issue, please mark the post as Accepted SolutionMarking this post as Accepted Solution, will help many other users to use this post to solve same or similar issue without re-posting the issue in the group. Saves a lot of time for everyone.

View solution in original post

That's great, thanks for your help.

Jo

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (18,942)