cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
G_M_J

Problems trying to add InternalItemId or ID into Send an email flow

I’ve got two flows (created from the provided templates).

1. 'Record form responses in SharePoint' (this moves my data from a Form to List)
  2. 'Send an email to responder when response submitted in Microsoft Forms' (this triggers two emails, one to myself and one to the the person who submitted the Form)

The first field in my List is ID (which is automatically generated). I want to obtain this item (ID) and insert it into both emails mentioned above (for reference purposes)

But I can’t find this item to include it in my flow 2 (the email). I can only find ResponseID (which produces a completely different number).

From checking the Outputs from the Create item in my first flow, I can clearly see the below being generated:

"ItemInternalId": "86",

"ID": 86,

G_M_J_0-1619007471773.png

But when I go into my second flow to use these items from the Dynamic content, the only field I can pull in which looks vaguely similar is ResponseID, which as you can see isn’t what I want. I suspect that response_id gets offset when List entries are deleted.

"response_id": 78

G_M_J_1-1619007756929.png

I've tried various expressions to try and pull ItemInternalId or ID into the 'Send an email - Body' step but they either cause a fail or produce blank results, I must be missing a trick.

Any help much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PrasadAthalye
Community Champion
Community Champion

I think you can achieve this with single flow. You can have one single flow which runs on a Form Response trigger. Create List Item and then Send emails. This way you will get SharePoint List Item ID as well.

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PrasadAthalye
Community Champion
Community Champion

I think you can achieve this with single flow. You can have one single flow which runs on a Form Response trigger. Create List Item and then Send emails. This way you will get SharePoint List Item ID as well.

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

Thanks so much @PrasadAthalye . Been stuck on this one for far too long now. Being new to this, I didn't consider just combining them into a single flow, but it's worked perfectly. Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,685)