cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Problems with reading data from Excel, pasting into browser and then saving individual excel files

Hello,

I have 5,000 records that contain a unique ID that also corresponds to a secure website where I need to export an excel file each record (so 5,000 downloads).

Once column is the unique ID (ie 4487766) and the other column is the website that has the same structure by replacing the unique ID (so something like www.uniquedata.com/history/4487766/analytics/data).

Because of the security of this site, I need to copy the text within the website and then paste into the browser. Once it's pulled up, I need to click an "Export" button that automatically saves the file in a format that I can't change. I then need to open up this file, and just save it as 4487788.xlsx, and then close the file. 

How can I do this for all 5,000 records?

Thank you,

Paul

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Problems with reading data from Excel, pasting into browser and then saving individual excel files

hi @RoboPaul  you can this this options to increase your read limit.

see

aply.PNGexcel.PNG

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Problems with reading data from Excel, pasting into browser and then saving individual excel files

Hi @RoboPaul ,

Do you want to create 5000 files from the 5000 records and save the files in the website?

Sorry for there is no any way to save files to the website in Microsoft flow currently. and you could only take a try to save the files to you your OneDrive, sharepoint library, local, and so on.

Best regards,

Alice   

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted

Thanks for the reply. My issue right now isn't about the number of files, but the naming convention that is automatically created once I export from each page. For example, each time I click the "export" button, and depending on what files are currently already in the folder that I've selected for downloads, the naming is something like:

"ExportDownload(1).xlsx, ExportDownload(2).xlsx, ExportDownload(3).xlsx, etc."

The website that I'm subscribed to makes it so that the info exported does not have anything within the exported excel file that I can use to identify the underlying account. So if I could automatically save the file "ExportDownload(1).xlsx" to 4487766.xlsx. Remember 4487766) is the unique ID. I need to be able to user Power Automate UI to find "ExportDownload(1).xlsx and then read from an excel file the unique ID and save accordingly. Does that make sense? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,464)